Congratulations to SightLife’s Compassionate Collaborator Award Recipients
Donation is made possible thanks to the help and compassion of a community of partners and dedicated individuals. From hospital staff to medical examiners/coroners to funeral directors, and many more. SightLife honors these donation champions who help provide donors and their families with the opportunity to help others see again through the gift of sight.
In November during Eye Donation Month, SightLife honored members of our community through the Compassionate Collaborator Award. The award recognizes partners who go above and beyond in service to donation through their steadfast commitment, kindness, and partnership – renewing hope and healing to countless individuals.
SightLife is proud to share the recipients of the 2021 Compassionate Collaborator Award:
- Sherri Del Bene RN, MN, NEA-BC, Assistant Administrator, Patient Care Services at University of Washington Medical Center
- Rick Evans, Funeral Director and Owner of Garden City Funeral Home
- Debbie Forkan, BSN, RNC-MNN, CLC, Senior Director of Women Services and Clinical Education at St. James Healthcare
- Karen Herr, Project Coordinator at the Organ & Tissue Donation Awareness Program
- Jennifer James, Manager of Chaplain Services at Kootenai Health in Coeur d’Alene
- Hillary (Reynolds-Boyle) Lessard BSN, RN, CEN, CCRN, Supervisor of Education Services at Trios Health
- Kaija Lockhart MN, RN, CCRN, Nursing Excellence Coordinator at Logan Health Medical Center
- Lily Marco, Decedent Care Navigator at Lancaster General Hospital
- Tyson Moore, General Manager of Garden City Funeral Home
- Jodi Newcomer BSN, RN CHPN, Program Manager at PeaceHealth Whatcom Hospice House
- Vicki R. Odegaard, RN, MSN, Assistant Administrator, Chief, Quality Services Division at Madigan Army Medical Center
- Merry Van Zoeren, EdD, MSN, RN, ICU Manager at EvergreenHealth Medical Center
- Jackie Wantland, RN, BSN, CCRN, PCCN, ACU/CCU Nurse Manager & Interim Telemetry/Oncology Nurse Manager at Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital
- Jackie Whited, Director Intensive Care & Progressive Care at Confluence Health
- Garden City Funeral Home
- Montana Funeral Director Association
- Montana Coroner Association
- Washington Association of Coroners and Medical Examiners
- Washington State Funeral Directors Association
It is our honor and privilege to recognize each of your contributions to cornea donation. Your support means more families experience the hope and healing that can come from cornea donation and more individuals suffering from corneal blindness can see the world through new eyes. Thank you for being such a vital part of our Community of Compassion.