Join us for a Celebration of our “Community of Compassion” During Eye Donation Month
This Eye Donation Month, SightLife cordially invites you to our second annual Community of Compassion Virtual Celebration on Wednesday, November 17 at 5:00 PM PST, where we will honor our passionate community of partners who help provide hope and healing through the gift of sight. Register now.
The event is an opportunity for our community to collectively honor those who have personally been touched by cornea donation. SightLife donor families, recipients, donation partners, and friends from all over the country will be in attendance for the unique event and come together in celebration of Eye Donation Month. The event will honor those who make donation possible and pay special tribute to the remarkable individuals who selflessly donated the gift of sight, and the transplant recipients whose lives have been transformed by their cornea donor’s generosity.
Last year, over 300 people joined our inaugural virtual celebration from an unprecedented number of locations including Washington, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Montana, and many more. This year, the event will be hosted by SightLife’s beloved Family Services Team; Rebecca Grossman, Senior Manager of Family and Community Resources and Stacey Dalman, Family Services Specialist.
The virtual celebration will feature personal stories of transformation and impact from donor families and recipients, and highlight our extended community of partners in donation. Guests will also have the opportunity to hear from SightLife leadership to learn more about our mission and the transformative impact of donation. Learn more about the event program below.
We welcome anyone involved in the donation process, or interested in donation to join the festivities. Register today to join one of our most meaningful convenings of the year.
- Welcome from co-hosts Stacey Dalman, SightLife Family Services Specialist, and Rebecca Grossman, SightLife Family Services Manager
- Candle Lighting an act to symbolize our donation community
- Honoring our Community of Compassion with SightLife Leadership
- Personal Stories of Transformation and Impact from donor families and our extended community of partners in donation
- Donor Memorial Tribute honoring those who made the compassionate act of donation
Unable to attend?
Make sure to visit our blog after the event to access the recording. There are also additional ways you can honor and participate in Eye Donation Month, including:
- Registering to be a donor – the process is simple and quick (less than two minutes) at RegisterMe.org
- Starting the conversation with your loved ones – sharing your wishes to be an eye donor empowers your family to say “yes” and consent on your behalf amid the pain of grief.
- Spreading the word – show you support donation by sharing your story and educating even more people about the importance of cornea donation
Registration now closed. Watch the Community of Compassion Donor Family Event below.